donderdag 24 september 2009

Neutral Milk Hotel - In The Aeroplane Over The Sea & On Avery Island LP Reissues

Neutral Milk Hotel. Heralded by many as one of thé best and most influential indierock bands of all time. It took some time for me to believe it though. At the age of 18 their "In The Aeroplane Over The Sea" album didn't make sense to me. We're a decade later now, and maybe it's my shrivelling braincells, my increasing beerbelly or my weakening love for grunts and blastbeats, but now it also ranks way up there in my favourite records ever list. So, Merge Records decided to reissue their two albums and I couldn't be more happy about this. I don't know if Jeff Magnum is equally happy, but hey, it's not our fault that he's become a recluse caveman right?

So, Neutral Milk Hotel's "In The Aeroplane Over The Sea" and "On Avery Island" are getting the 180g vinyl treatment, and pre-orders are now up at Merge for the November 3 release date. Included are also download codes, but if you don't have these records on your ipod yet, then don't bother now. I'll be adding these LPs to my "Alltime Classic Albums" row, and so should you.

Geen opmerkingen: