woensdag 30 september 2009

Corrupted - Nadie LP

Because some of you have been asking for some more metal, I figured I'd take a look at the Thone Records site to see if they have any news concerning the Cathedral "Endtyme" 2xLP yet. Well, turns out they don't. However, my visit wasn't for nothing, as it turns out that they still have some copies available of Corrupted's "Nadie". The first pressing was released a few years ago, no idea when this second pressing arrived, but it doesn't get more metal than Corrupted. Everybody happy again now? Jolly! Except me that is, because I don't own this record yet...and now I'll have to. It compells me.

Japan's Corrupted are/were (??) one of thé most important bands in the sludge / doom genre. If I'm not mistaken, "Nadie" was their very first full-length, released somewhere in the mid 90s. The Spanish Throne Records who are extremely good in releasing quality vinyl albums, figured that "Nadie" deserved a proper vinyl release and went for it. So, the version that's still available is the second and last pressing and is limited to 500 copies. Go for it at Throne and first take a look at the artwork for that Cathedral album. Looks killer.

As long as we're on the topic of Corrupted, that German site I was talking about earlier also still has some copies of the "Paso Inferior" LP by Corrupted. For €40, you can even order a test press of this LP, so you might as well head over to Bis Aufs Messer and get this grimm masterpiece too.

Geen opmerkingen: