vrijdag 18 september 2009

Jay Farrar & Ben Gibbard - One Fast Move or I'm Gone; Kerouac's Big Sur LP

Ben Gibbard and Jay Farrar recorded the "One Fast Move or I’m Gone" album in only three days. That was the most boring opening line I could think of.

Now, let's make noise! Jay Farrar (Son Volt, Uncle Tupelo) and Benjamin Gibbard (Death Cab for Cutie, The Postal Service) teamed up for the soundtrack to the upcoming "One Fast Move or I'm Gone; Kerouac's Big Sur" movie/documentary. The story behind Kerouac's novel is told by John Ventimiglia (Artie Bucco!), and features a slew of musicians/artists/writers who tell how "Big Sur" inspired them. "Big Sur" is the first book I ever read by Keroauc, and to date is still my favourite, so you can imagine I'm quite excited and curious about this movie.

As for the music, besides being written by the two aformentioned guys, what is also worth mentioning is that all lyrics were taken directly from the pages of Kerouac's book, and judging by the trailer, sets the mood perfectly through a lonely, foresaken, intimate trip into the past.

The 180g vinyl album comes with the DVD in the sleeve, and is available for pre-order now from Keroauc Movie

Geen opmerkingen: