woensdag 16 september 2009

Iggy Pop - Lust For Life & The Idiot LP Reissues

4 Men With Beards are re-releasing two absolute classics in the history of post-punk, let's be frank and just say rock music in general. Both Iggy Pop's "Lust For Life" and "The Idiot" albums, the first two solo-albums and commonly regarded as best albums as well, are getting the 180g vinyl treatment again.

After recovering from the substance abuse during and after The Stooges, Iggy Pop came across a fellow called David Bowie while he was in his Berlin-era, and Mr Bowie was so kind to co-write and co-produce these 2 albums, an influence you can stronly hear, especially on "The Idiot". So, what you get here is 2 icons on 2 remastered LP's. If I were me, which I am, I'm getting jiggy with it at Norman Records to find this in my mailbox late October.

Geen opmerkingen: