vrijdag 23 oktober 2009

One Starving Day - Atlas Coelestis 2xLP

Here's another reader submission, thanks guys! Up for pre-order is the "Altas Coelestis" 2xLP by Italy's sludge metal/hardcore ensemble One Starving Day. I'd honestly never heard of these guys before so I'm quite grateful they wrote me, as this Italian band has been around for over a decade already, and their music is right up my alley. One Starving Day have nothing in common with that other Italian band One Fine Day. They do have something in common with other avant-garde, atmospheric, claustrophoic and dark acts such as Mogwai, Isis, Neurosis, Swans and GYBE! I did like One Fine Day back in the 90s though, I should try to sort out my mess and see if I can still find one of their albums in my house somewhere. If you point your cursor on the album artwork, it'll direct you to their myspace and you can check out some recordings, neat hey!

Anyhoo, as far as I get it, this new 2xLP by One Starving Day which was mastered by Shellac's Bob Weston by the way, the vinyl is available in Europe through Narshardaa Records, and the CD version will be handled by Beta-Lactam Ring Records. The "Altas Coelestis" 2xLP is due late November and is limited to 50 copies on 180gr. black vinyl, 100 copies on red vinyl and 100 copies on regular black vinyl. Pre-order Here

Geen opmerkingen: