woensdag 28 oktober 2009

The Brown Book - Thirty Nothing LP

Haven't quite made up my mind about this release, as it seems to please me in many ways, but then again there's something nagging here that I can't exactly put my finger on. The Brown Book are an instrumental post-rock band who will definitely please fans of acts such Russian Circles or Don Caballero, but will also do something for those of you into Oxes or earlier Liars. And maybe that's just what's nagging at me. When I put on a post-rock record, it's because I'm in that kind of relaxed mood, I don't want to hear some guy singing or screaming, but I also don't want to be abruptly woken up and thrown into a discordant loud mess. Then again, that might just be their strength. Oh, now I'm confused.

It seems like these guys are getting quite some attention, and are having a record release with the almighty Ocean coming up. That's a good thing in my book. "Thirty Nothing" was recorded by Keith Souza by the way, who also worked for Battles and Lightning Bolt, and mastering was done by Alan Douches who worked his magic on Animal Collective, Dillinger Escape Plan, Mastodon and a ton others. So, they seem to be surrounded by the right people, now all they need is for you to pick up their record, right here.

Geen opmerkingen: