woensdag 14 oktober 2009

Good Old War - Only Way To Be Alone LP

Ok, never heard of Good Old War to be frank, but since their debut LP "Only Way To Be Alone" is up for pre-order and you have to pick up the Red Sparowes 12" and Russian Circles 2xLP anyway from Sargent House, I figured it might be fun to raise awareness for Good Old War as well. So, for those of you who are as clueless as me, head over to Goodoldwar.bandcamp.com where you can stream the entire album and decide if you like them at all.

I'm personally in dubio. These guys used to be in bands such as Days Away and Unlikely Cowboy, and this debut album counts 12 poppy, sometimes harmonic folky americana singer-songwriter tracks. Not too lo-fi, not too preppy either, so "Only Way To Be Alone" is quite an amusing album but I don't know if it will really stick with me. However, I do have my cowboy moments, so who knows what "Only Way To Be Alone" will do for me in months or years to come.

Pre-order the Brown/Gold Swirl Vinyl for $15, or get it in the pre-order bundle together with a t-shirt and more good stuff, from Sargent House

Geen opmerkingen: