vrijdag 23 oktober 2009

Bonny Billy & The Picket Line - Funtown Comedown LP

Life is keeping me from updating this blog as much as I want, but expect much more next week. Life isn't too bad, Sunn0))), Sonic Youth, Amenra and Massive Attack concerts plus work commitments are keeping me busy, not too shabby I guess.

Today, for starters, I have the following for you: the new LP by Bonny Billy & The Pickets. I'm not 100% sure about this, but what I managed to understand is that this is a live recording by Will "Bonnie 'Prince' Billy" Oldham under once again another moniker, with a bunch of his friends, aka The Picket Line. Here's what Drag City has to say, which makes much more sense: "next-generation bluegrass band known as The Picket Line. They’re the official dance band of Funtown, a metaphysical little community in the woods outside Louisville. Bonny and the boys (and girl) run through a set of BPB classics, some Palace songs and a few classic country covers."

The Funtown Comedown LP is a vinyl only release, gotta love it! I for one am trying to complete my Bonnie "Prince" Billy collection, and am pre-ordering this LP from Norman

Geen opmerkingen: