dinsdag 17 november 2009

Lotus Eaters - Mind Control For Infants 2xLP






















Dammit. I really should try to update this thing more regularly, because I once again completely missed the ball on the vinyl release of one of my favorite albums ever. Now, no worries, because given the pricetag I don't expect these records to sell out soon, although the most limited version on white & silver marble vinyl limited to 100 copies is already gone. What the hell am I talking about? Well, the "Mind Control for Infants" 2xLP by Lotus Eaters, one of my favourite supergroups featuring Aaron Turner, James Plotkin and Stephen O’Malley. The "Mind Control For Infants" album is one of the most laid-back doom/drone records out there, and has served as my personal soundtrack during many nights of insomnia, so I'm thrilled that Taiga got the rights to press this onto vinyl.

This 2xLP is limited to 100 white & silver marble (gone), 300 gold and 600 black copies, is fully remastered, pressed onto 200g vinyl and comes is “An old-style Stoughton tip-on gatefold jacket wrapped in foil-stamped brown linen with an 8×8 inch offset print mounted on the front cover." My bad if any of you missed the white & silver version - including myself, so let's just get the gold version which also looks killer from Taiga

Geen opmerkingen: