woensdag 30 september 2009

BlakRoc - s/t LP

This is disturbing, alarming, maybe even frightning... You see. I like The Black Keys. I like Dan Auberbach's solo work. I like their music. I like their lyrics. I like that they toured with The Black Angels last year. I would like to keep it thay way. But, their new band, or rather pseudonym BlakRoc will probably make this quite difficult. With BlakRoc, they intend to bridge the gap between rock and rap and are shooting for the hipperdehop charts. Luckily Dan Auberbach won't be attempting any fluent freestyle flows, but has enlisted the likes of Jim Jones , Mos Def, Q-Tip, RZA, Raekwon, Ludacris , Nikki Wray, Billy Danze and Ol' Dirty Bastard. Hmmm.

You know, every once in a while I get all crazy and listen to Everlast. When I need to pump myself up I often spin an old Beastie Boys record, but that's about as far as my love for anything reeking of rap or hiphop goes. I'd like to keep it that way. However, my girl sometimes accuses me of having an "elitist" attitude about music, so for the sake of being open-minded and appreciating The Black Keys when they're acting normal, I'm reporting about this and offering you the link for the pre-order, but please take note that in no way yours truly supports this album. In. No. Way. But, it might be good for some laughs. Or not.

Geen opmerkingen: